Applications are due the first non-holiday weekday of the month, unless otherwise listed below.
Course Change Applications
to be added without a
Memo of Responsibility*
|Curriculum Meeting Date|
|September 1, 2016||Winter 2017||September 20, 2016|
|October 3, 2016||October 18, 2016|
|November 1, 2016||November 15, 2016|
|December 1, 2016||Spring 2017||December 13, 2016|
|January 3, 2017||Summer 2017||January 17, 2017|
|February 1, 2017||Autumn 2017||February 21, 2017|
|March 1, 2017||March 21, 2017|
|April 3, 2017||April 18, 2017|
|May 12, 2017***||June 6, 2017|
The Time Schedule deadline for changes is different than the Time Schedule Production Calendar. Check the Time Schedule Production Calendar for additional deadlines.
* Course changes submitted after the marked quarter need to include a Memo of Responsibility. Example: Any changes to courses to be effective Winter quarter that are submitted after the September meeting deadline listed above, will need to be accompanied by a Memo of Responsibility.
** Only reviewing changes that do not require a syllabus and course drops
*** Consolidated May/June meeting
Note: these deadlines are for the University of Washington Curriculum Review Committee (UWCC). These are not the dates for your specific school’s or college’s curriculum meetings.
Memo of Responsibility
In order to request an extension to the course change application deadline for a specified quarter, please submit the Course Change Application with a separate Memo of Responsibility explaining:
- Why it is essential that the application be effective in the specified quarter,
- Why it was not possible to meet the course change application deadline,
- How students will be notified of the change to the published time schedule.
The memo should also state the department:
- Acknowledges that the requested change was submitted after the Time Schedule deadline,
- Takes responsibility for notifying students of the change,
- Takes responsibility for any scheduling, student loan, tuition, time-to-graduation, registration, or other problems that might result from approval of the late change application,
- Will be responsible for contacting the Time Schedule Office to update the course listing for the requested quarter for which the deadline for Time Schedule construction has passed.
This memo requires the same signatures as a Course Change Application and with all correspondence regarding a specific application, the original memo, with signatures, must be submitted with one copy.
The effective quarter for any Course Change Application received without this memo will be edited to the first quarter for which the course change application deadline has not passed.