Office of the University Registrar
* Applications are due the first non-holiday weekday of the month, unless otherwise listed below. *
Course Change Applications
to be added to Time Schedule without a
Memo of Responsibility*
|Curriculum Meeting Date|
|July 1, 2015 **||August 18, 2015|
|September 1, 2015||Winter 2016 Time Schedule||September 15, 2015|
|October 1, 2015||October 20, 2015|
|November 2, 2015||November 17, 2015|
|December 1, 2015||December 15, 2015|
|January 2, 2016||Spring 2016 Time Schedule||January 19, 2016|
|February 1, 2016||Summer 2016 Time Schedule||February 16, 2016|
|March 1, 2016||Autumn 2016 Time Schedule||March 15, 2016|
|April 1, 2016||April 19, 2016|
|May 13, 2016
(Consolidated May/June meeting*)
|June 7, 2016|
The Time Schedule deadline for changes is different than the Time Schedule Production Calendar. Check the Time Schedule Production Calendar for additional deadlines.
* New courses can be submitted for review by the University Curriculum Committee up until the deadline for the next meeting prior to the start of the desired academic quarter. Example: The deadline for Winter quarter would be the December meeting deadline listed in the table above.
** Only reviewing changes that do not require a syllabus and course drops
Note: these deadlines are for the University Curriculum Committee. These are not the dates for your specific school’s or college’s curriculum meetings.
*Subject to Availablity due to Finals Week Scheduling.*
Memo of Responsibility
In order to request an extension to the course change application deadline for a specified quarter, please submit the Course Change Application with a separate Memo of Responsibility explaining:
- Why it is essential that the application be effective in the specified quarter,
- Why it was not possible to meet the course change application deadline,
- How students will be notified of the change to the published time schedule.
The memo should also state the department:
- Acknowledges that the requested change was submitted after the Time Schedule deadline,
- Takes responsibility for notifying students of the change,
- Takes responsibility for any scheduling, student loan, tuition, time-to-graduation, registration, or other problems that might result from approval of the late change application,
- Will be responsible for contacting the Time Schedule Office to update the course listing for the requested quarter for which the deadline for Time Schedule construction has passed.
This memo requires the same signatures as a Course Change Application and with all correspondence regarding a specific application, the original memo, with signatures, must be submitted with one copy.
The effective quarter for any Course Change Application received without this memo will be edited to the first quarter for which the course change application deadline has not passed.