Applications are due the first non-holiday weekday of the month, unless otherwise listed below.
Course Change Applications
to be added without an
Acknowledgement of Responsibility*
|Curriculum Meeting Date|
|July 3, 2017**||August 15, 2017|
|September 1, 2017||Winter 2018||September 19, 2017|
|October 2, 2017||October 17, 2017|
|November 1, 2017||November 14, 2017|
|December 1, 2017||Spring 2018||December 19, 2017|
|January 2, 2018||Summer 2018||January 23, 2018|
|February 1, 2018||Autumn 2018||February 20, 2018|
|March 1, 2018||March 20, 2018|
|April 2, 2018||April 17, 2018|
|May 11, 2018***||June 5, 2018|
|July 2, 2018**||August 14, 2018|
The Time Schedule deadline for changes is different than the Time Schedule Production Calendar. Check the Time Schedule Production Calendar for additional deadlines.
* Course changes submitted after the marked quarter need to include an Acknowledgement of Responsibility. Example: Any changes to courses to be effective Winter quarter that are submitted after the September meeting deadline listed above, will need to be accompanied by an Acknowledgement of Responsibility.
** Only reviewing changes that do not require a syllabus and course drops
*** Consolidated May/June meeting
Note: these deadlines are for the University of Washington Curriculum Committee (UWCC). These are not the dates for your specific school’s or college’s curriculum meetings.
Acknowledgement of Responsibility
The effective quarter for any course change proposal received without this acknowledgement will be edited to the first quarter for which the course change application deadline has not passed.
Q: What does an acknowledgement of responsibility do?
A: The department:
- Acknowledges that the requested change was submitted after the Time Schedule deadline,
- Takes responsibility for notifying students of the change,
- Takes responsibility for any scheduling, student loan, tuition, time-to-graduation, registration, or other problems that might result from approval of the late change application,
- Will be responsible for contacting the Time Schedule Office to update the course listing for the requested quarter for which the deadline for Time Schedule construction has passed.
Q: How do I know when I need to include an acknowledgement of responsibility with my course change proposal?
A: See our deadlines page. For example, if you submit a course change proposal to be effective for winter quarter after the September meeting deadline, you need to include an acknowledgement of responsibility with your course change proposal.
Q: How do I submit an acknowledgement of responsibility in UW CM?
A: See Step 5 in the quick guide for course change proposals.
Q: Do I have to submit an acknowledgement of responsibility for a new course proposal?
A: No. An acknowledgement of responsibility only pertains to course change proposals.
Q: How do I contact the Time Schedule Office?
A: See Time Schedule Office contact information.
Q: Where do I find the Time Schedule Production Calendar?
A: See the following production calendars: