Office of the University Registrar

Change Your Personal Data

Detailed information regarding name changes is provided on the Name Change Policy page.

Students who need to make a change to their social security number, or date of birth on University of Washington records, must provide official documentation (driver’s license, marriage certificate, court order, passport) to the Office of the University Registrar, 2nd Floor Schmitz Hall. Please Note: Original social security card is required for all social security number changes.

Students unable to submit their documentation in person, should mail the request along with a copy of the official documentation to:

University of Washington
Office of the University Registrar
Box 355850
Seattle, WA 98195