Office of the University Registrar

Ordering Transcripts

Due to precautions around COVID-19, Registration and Transcripts team members continue to work remotely. Requests for paper transcripts submitted via MyUW or mail are being processed in a very limited capacity during this time. For questions, contact

Before ordering an Official Transcript, please check your unofficial transcript on MyUW (on the Academics Tab, in the Grades box) to ensure your grades and/or degree have been posted. We will not reprint or reorder (for free) Official Transcripts because of a failure to do so. Be advised that we are unable to hold transcript requests until grades and degrees have posted.

Students Prior to 1983

Students who attended the University of Washington prior to 1983 cannot order transcripts online or obtain an e-transcript. Students looking to request official transcripts must submit a completed UW Transcript Request Form [UoW 1001] with a check or money order for $11 per copy by mail to: Office of the University Registrar Registration and Transcripts Office, 2nd Floor, Schmitz Hall, Box 355850, Seattle, WA 98195-5850. If you are only seeking to receive an unofficial transcript, please email for further instructions.

Students Who Attended 1983 or After


Until further notice, e-transcripts must be ordered online through the Office of the University Registrar’s eScrip-Safe electronic transcripts service. E-transcript PDFs are considered official, whether shared electronically or printed. Students may send e-transcripts either to themselves or a third-party recipient.

Order Transcripts via MyUW [Requires UW NetID]

Process: E-transcript orders are processed each business night (Monday-Friday, excluding holidays). Orders placed for an e-transcripts before 6pm PST will be processed and the e-transcript will be emailed around 8pm PST that same day. E-transcript orders placed after 6pm or over the weekend or holiday break will be processed and the e-transcript will be emailed around 8pm PST the next business day. Cost is $11/transcript.

Recipient e-mail: Not all universities or colleges utilize eScrip-Safe as a method of receiving e-transcripts, so students may need to obtain the appropriate email address from the University’s admissions office in order to make sure the transcript is transmitted to the correct destination.

Matching form: Students who require a matching form be sent along with the transcript must email immediately following placing their transcript order via MyUW. The student must include the matching form as an attachment in order for staff to include it with the transcript.

Paper Transcripts

  • Until further notice, requests for paper transcripts are being processed in a very limited capacity – this includes transcripts ordered using Express delivery.
  • Students who need to meet a particular deadline must keep this in mind as processing and mailing transcripts may take up to two (2) weeks.
  • Students are strongly encouraged to order electronic transcripts whenever possible.

Unofficial Transcripts

Reminder: MyUW provides all students with an active UW NetID the ability to generate a pdf version of their unofficial transcript. Students log into MyUW and select AcademicsGrades and TranscriptsUnofficial Transcript.

UW PCE Academic Records

Students who were only enrolled in non-credit/clock hour coursework or completed a certificate through UW Professional & Continuing Education (PCE) will not have a transcript record. An unofficial record of continuing education courses is available (NetID required). Official copies may be obtained by contacting the UW Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) Records Office.

UWNetID Recovery

Students will most likely need to access Registrar services by logging in with their UWNetID. Students may recover their UW NetID online via the Get UW NetID. This process verifies a person’s identity and requires a UW Student ID Number (UWID) and Private Access Code (PAC). Students who don’t know or cannot remember their ID Number or PAC may email to request assistance.