Office of the University Registrar

November 3, 2020

Washington State Drivers License or ID Card

Either of these cards can be used for official identification when traveling within the U.S., cashing checks, or doing other business. Wait until you have a long-term U.S. address before applying for an ID card or license. Please check the Washington Department of Licensing website for the list of documents accepted as proof of identity and as proof of Washington residence. For more information, visit:
Some students will need a SEVIS printout from the ISS office to use as proof of address. For more details, visit: