Office of the University Registrar
The mission of the University of Washington is to preserve, develop, and disseminate knowledge. Find more about the mission statement here.
- The Office of the University Registrar, located on the second floor of Schmitz Hall, provides administrative services to students, faculty, and staff in support of this mission. Find the list of office within the Registrar and their contact information here.
- To contact the UW Registrar office, please visit Contact Us.
Other Registrar/Admissions Links
- WaACRAO – The Washington Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. Serving Washington’s Higher Education Community
- PACRAO – The Pacific Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers site includes constitution and bylaws, leadership position descriptions, executive board, conference information, and a searchable directory.
- AACRAO – American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Academe Today – A service of The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Registrars throughout the years
A strong connection to the University’s history is an important part of the Registrar’s duty. In the spirit of that duty, here is a list of those who’ve held the title of University of Washington Registrar:
- Helen Garrett (2016-Present)
- Virjean Edwards (2010–2015)
- Todd Mildon (2005–2010)
- Van Edward Johnson (1991–2004)
- Melanie Bell (1986–1991)
- W. W. Washburn (1970–1986)
- Patsy M. Christensen (1969–1970)
- John Gardner (1965–1969)
- Carl G. Young (1964–1965)
- Ethelyn Toner (1945–1963)
- Irvin Hoff (1941–1944)
- Dean Newhouse (1936–1941)
- Edward Bicknell Stevens (1925–1935)
- Edward Noble Stone (1910–1925)
- Herbert Thomas Condon (1903–1910)
- William John Meredith (1901–1903)
- Clark Davis (1897–1901)
- Edmond S. Meany (1894–1897)