Office of the University Registrar

Minors on DARS

Verification of a Student’s Minor

  • In SDB, check Screen 390 to verify if the student has declared a minor.
  • The minor code appears right below the major codes near the top of the screen.
  • Students can add or drop a minor by completing a Change of Major Form [UWNetID Protected].
  • Submit the Change of Major Form to the Office of the University Registrar, 2nd Floor Schmitz Hall. This form should be signed by the major adviser.

Please Note: If a graduation application is already on file with GARS, send an e-mail to indicating the changes to the graduation application and the change of minor status.

How to Run a Minor Audit

  • In SDB Screen SRF 390 enter the student’s UW ID number.
  • Enter program to audit, using the appropriate minor code, for example: 0-CHEM -00- make sure you delete the second set of digits.
  • Enter F in the action field and hit enter ? DARS will find the correct set of requirements. If a student has not had a Minor audit run for the program, a Problem with Request message will appear at the top of the screen. Disregard this message and continue.
  • Enter A in the action field and hit enter.
  • Review the audit on screen.

Please Note: The quarter and year the student declared a minor has not always been entered in the database (this information is now routinely entered). Therefore, to be sure the correct minor requirements are displayed on the 390 screen, simply enter the correct quarter and year after. Degree Program Entrance: (seventh line from the top, right side). Then run an audit.

Graduation Applications with Minors

It is the major adviser’s responsibility to accurately list minor requirements on the student’s graduation application.

Print the Minor Audit

  • Enter Y in the action field and hit send key. Attach a copy of printed minor audit to the student’s Graduation Application.
  • Write on the Graduation Application in the section for minors: DARS attached.
  • A listing of Minor codes is available within the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) reporting environment: EDW Minor Codes Report [UWNetID protected]
  • Please visit the UW Data and Analytics page on Requesting Access to Reports  to request access to this report.