Office of the University Registrar

Incomplete Grades

Incomplete grades may only be awarded if a student is doing satisfactory work up until the last two weeks of the quarter.

Undergraduate students must not register for courses in which they have received an Incomplete, since a grade earned in a repeat course will not be recorded as an Incomplete conversion grade. To obtain credit for the course, an undergraduate student must convert an Incomplete into a passing grade no later than the last day of the next quarter.

An Incomplete grade not made up by the end of the next quarter (summer excluded) will be converted to the grade of 0.0 by the Registrar unless the instructor has indicated, when assigning the Incomplete grade, that a grade other than 0.0 should be recorded if the incomplete work is not completed. The original Incomplete grade is not removed from the transcript.