Office of the University Registrar

Date of Birth & Social Security Number

Where DOB and SSN are Used

The University collects and uses Date of Birth for identification purposes and Social Security Number for federal forms, such as Financial Aid, or employment purposes.

How to Update DOB or SSN

Students who need to make a change to their date of birth or social security number on University of Washington records must submit a request and provide official documentation to the Office of the University Registrar.

Official documents include:

  • Valid driver’s license
  • Marriage certificate
  • Court order
  • Passport
  • Original social security card – required for SSN changes
In person Mail
Office of the University Registrar
2nd Floor Schmitz Hall
University of Washington
Office of the University Registrar
Box 355850
Seattle, WA 98195