Office of the University Registrar

Reciprocity Exchange Program Questions

The UW Residence Classification Office is NOT associated in any way with these programs.

The University of Washington does not have reciprocity agreements with neighboring states for Undergraduate, Graduate, Dental, Pharmacy, or Law students.

Medical Students

The reciprocity program is available to Medical students via the Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, Idaho (WWAMI) medical education program. For more information, students should contact the WWAMI Program directly.


Border States

Individual community colleges and four-year universities within the Idaho and Oregon border regions may, at their discretion, offer residency rates to border state students. Please inquire directly with the school of choice regarding tuition rates as Idaho or Oregon students.