American Indian Students
American Indian students who meet the following two conditions are eligible to pay resident tuition at colleges and universities in Washington State:
- For a period of one year immediately prior to enrollment at a state institution of higher education, students must have been domiciled in one or a combination of the following states: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington.
- Students must be a member of one of the federally recognized Indian tribes, as determined under Title 25 of the Code of Federal Regulations (25CFR), whose traditional and customary tribal boundaries included portions of the state of Washington, or whose tribe was granted reserved lands within the state of Washington.
See Federally Recognized Tribes Eligible for Resident Tuition in Washington State for a complete list of eligible tribes.
- Complete the Resident Tuition for American Indian Students form.
- Provide the required documentation to support your resident tuition form. See the form for complete details.
- Submit physical copies of the form and documents to our office via postal mail or the drop box located on the second floor of Schmitz Hall. Emails and faxes are not accepted.
Return the form to:
For Seattle/Bothell students: UW Residence Classification Office, 226 Schmitz Hall, Box 355850, Seattle, WA 98195-5850
For Tacoma students: UW Tacoma Registrar’s Office, Mattress Factory 253, Box 358400, Tacoma, WA 98402
For more information, please reference the Residency FAQs.