To apply for a change in residence classification:
- Complete and print the Residence Questionnaire PDF form.
- UW Seattle and UW Bothell students: Return the completed form to the Seattle campus along with supporting documentation.
- UW Tacoma students: All applications and supporting documentation must be sent directly to the Tacoma campus.
Application deadline: All residency forms are due by the thirtieth (30th) day after the quarter of application begins.
- Additional documentation requested are due on the last day of the applied quarter. Documentation received after the last day of the quarter applied will transfer the application to the next quarter for review.
Original copy of the form must be returned to our office. Scans/emails and faxes are not accepted for the initial application.
Review process time may take 4-6 weeks from the date the application is received.
Contacting our office to inquire on your application status decreases the time available to our limited staff for processing paperwork. Please help our staff process files in a timely manner by waiting 6 weeks before inquiring about your application status.
Disclaimer: All applications and contents submitted to our office become the property of the University of Washington and will not be returned to students. The University keeps all documentation in a highly secured facility for 6 years (for record retention and auditing purposes) and destroys the files after that time period. It is suggested that applicants make copies of the original documents in case they are needed for personal record-keeping.
*Our office does not have printers/copy machines accessible for public use.
Other Application Forms
- Active Duty Military/Dependents: Resident Tuition for Military Members PDF
- Veterans/Eligible Individuals: Resident Tuition for Veterans PDF
- National Guard: Resident Tuition for National Guard Members PDF
- HB 1079 Students: Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit PDF
- American Indian Students: Resident Tuition for American Indian Students PDF
- Refugee/Asylee Students: Tuition Reduction for Non-Resident Refugees/Asylees PDF
All forms in this section are PDF documents that can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. If you need a copy of the software, you can download a free copy of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.